POLE SETTING FOAM
DocumentationInstructions for Moisture Barrier Kit.pdfLiterature.pdfMSDS - 79701 Part AMSDS - 79701 Part BMSDS 79701 Cured.pdfPole Setting Foam Book.pdf** If you experience an issue opening the above files. Please "Right-Click" and choose "Save As", then use the appropriate application to open the file. There are known issues with MS-Explorer and their plug-in manager.
Pole Setting Foam (#79701) can be used not only for setting poles, but is also designed for moisture barrier protection in handholes with large amounts of water present.
Expanding foam for use in setting poles or for building a moisture barrier in the cable entry section of a cross connect cabinet. 2 kits per case.
Also reference: #79698 Cardboard template for Moisture Barrier Kit used with expanding foam (#79701 Pole Setting Foam) for building moisture barrier in the cable entry section of a cross connect cabinet. Place template in handhole opening and pour foam. Instructions for installing the Moisture Barrier Kit available as a PDF download under the "Documentation" header.
|79698||Cardboard Template||Case||5||5.1 lbs||50" x 30" x 1"|
|79701||1 Cubic Foot||Kit||2 - 1 Cubic Foot Kit||12 lbs||12.5" x 12.5" x 12.5"|
|79702||2 Cubic Feet||Kit||1 - 2 Cubic Feet Kit||12 lbs||12.5" x 12.5" x 12.5"|
|79703||3 Cubic Feet||Kit||1 - 3 Cubic Feet Kit||15 lbs||12.5" x 12.5" x 12.5"|
|79705||5 Cubic Feet||Kit||1 - 5 Cubic Feet Kit||28 lbs||22.5" x 15.5" x 15"|
|79706||6 Cubic Feet||Kit||1 - 6 Cubic Feet Kit||35 lbs||22.5" x 15.5" x 15"|
|79707||7 Cubic Feet||Kit||1 - 7 Cubic Feet Kit||50 lbs||22.5" x 15.5" x 15"|
|79709||9 Cubic Feet||Kit||1 - 9 Cubic Feet Kit||54 lbs||22.5" x 15.5" x 15"|
ApplicationsUse POLE SETTING FOAM for:
- New poles - transmission and distribution
- Leaning pole
- Street lighting poles
- Dusk-to-Dawn light poles
- Gate and fence posts
- Highway DOT sign post
- Pad leveling
- POLE SETTING FOAM saves money and increases efficiency. It replaces traditional methods of backfilling distribution poles, transmission poles, and decorative street lighting during installation.
- POLE SETTING FOAM is a hydrophobic two-part polyurethane foam that expands to fill the peripheral void between a utility pole and the hole. It forms a low-density, high-strength foam that can structurally support the pole and maintain its upright positioning. POLE SETTING FOAM also serves as a redundant environmental barrier between the pole material and its surroundings.
- POLE SETTING FOAM displays excellent adhesion to most pole materials, including wood poles treated with pentachlorophenol, CCA, ACA, etc. and without the use of primers. After mixing, it foams immediately and reaches 50% of full strength in approximately 3 minutes and 80% within 60 minutes. Once poured, the POLE SETTING FOAM expands approximately 15 times its original volume and sets the pole in 3 minutes creating a proven solid foundation material. It removes the need to backfill by traditional methods and the "tamping" associated with it.
- POLE SETTING FOAM significantly reduces labor requirements as no backfilling is required and hardware can be strung after 15 minutes.
- Because POLE SETTING FOAM is hydrophobic, its physical properties will not be affected by wet soil or small amount of standing water in the hole; however, we recommend the standing water does not exceed 2 inches with the structure in the hole.
Features & Benefits
|Superior to stone in resistance to overturning and equal to crushed stone against uplift||Eliminates the need to transport heavy rock and stone backfill|
|Hardens quickly (10 - 15 minutes) with compressive strengths three to four times that of tamped soil||Poles are set faster, thus restoring service to the customer quicker and with added strength|
- Color: Visual
Part A: Light Brown
Part B: Dark Brown
Rise Time: 2 Minutes (ASTM D2237)
Gel Time: 2.5 Minutes - 3 Minutes (ASTM D2471)
Tack Free Time: 5.0 Minutes
Full Cure Time: 12 Hours
Drastic Temperature Change Bonded: Little Chance of Cracking
Density: 5.5 - 6.0 lbs/ft3 (ASTM D1622)
Compressive Strength (psi): 75 Minimum (ASTM D1621)
Porosity: >90% Closed-Cells (ASTM D2856)
Water Absorption : 0.02% ASTM D2842
Shear Strength (psi): 42 Minimum (ASTM D732)
Tensile Strength (psi): 64 Minimum (ASTM D1623)
Cohesive Shear (dry): 22.9 psi (ASTM D3080)
Cohesive Shear (wet): 20.9 psi (ASTM D3080)
Chemical Resistance: (ASTM D543)
Salt Water: Excellent
Sulfuric Acid 20%: Excellent
Diesel Fuel: Excellent
Hydrochloric Acid 20%: Excellent
Ammonium Hydroxide 10%: Good
Sodium Hydroxide, Concentrate: Good
Contact InformationRAINBOW TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
261 Cahaba Valley Pkwy
Pelham, AL 35124
Back to top
Rainbow Technology offers a comprehensive line of products to the utility and telecommunications industries. Users of POLE SETTING FOAM often find these other Rainbow products helpful too.
KNUCKLES Hand Cleaning Towels are specially formulated to dissolve and absorb dirty contaminants from hands, tools, and equipment. The towels are textured on one side allowing the user to scrub embedded, tough-to-clean contaminants such as cable filling compounds, icky PIC, c-cement, tar, asphalt, heavy greases, etc. The other side is smooth which works to trap and absorb the cleaner and dirty contaminants back into the towel, leaving hands, tools, and equipment surfaces clean. Tested safe on rubber goods.
Other Related Products